Tuesday 13 December 2011

Experimental Cabaret : The Snake Lady

City of Women is an annual festival here in Ljubljana which showcases female performers. This year the festival offered an experimental cabaret workshop with Marisa Carnesky which I was lucky to attend. Marisa is an experienced performer, show woman and lecturer from London (make sure to check her website) and above all a very friendly and warm person. I had been really looking forward to this workshop and it didn't disappoint me. I would definitely recommend it to anybody interested in cabaret. I thoroughly enjoyed the four days and especially performing at the end in a club (Gromka) with the rest of the participants.

Here are a few pics from my Snake Lady act which was a huge success
with the audience at least that was my impression :-) .










4 comments:

  1. I would of loved to watch you doing the snake act.. so seductive amor.
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a killer, LOVE IT A LOT!!!! ;)

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I imagine the pictures are only a fraction of how fabulous the actual performance was.

    By the way, thought I'd let you know that your comment on my Oscar Wilde post recently was quoted in a New York Times article!
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/16/world/europe/oscar-wildes-tomb-sealed-from-admirers-kisses.html?_r=3&ref=europe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Amazing!! I am sure the audience loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete